"Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family" - Anthony Brandt
In the daily 'hustle' of work and focusing on ourselves, we often take our family for granted. Whether you've been feeling this guilt, or just want to show some extra appreciation, here are some things you can do to make your loved ones feel special:
- Smile when you walk into the house. This gesture shows you're happy to see them.
- Don't bring your work home. If you're upset with your boss or your colleague, don't take it out on your partner or your children.
- Ask about their day. Show an active interest in their lives. Questions like, "what were the good things at work today?" create instances you can bond over and talk about.
- Say 'please' and 'thank you' - Yes, even to your family! Your mom brought you a cup of tea? A simple thank you shows that you appreciate her for it.
- Appreciate them publicly. eg: If your brother does something nice, bring it up during dinner in front of everyone!
Start doing these things daily and watch your house become a happier place :)