Whether it's filter coffee, double shot latte, or masala tea, caffeine has become a part of our lifestyle. There are tons of reasons to give up on caffeine, but the need to stay awake and energized can't be compromised.
But don't worry, we've got you covered with caffeine alternatives to stay awake:
- Water- This is the most affordable, vital, and of course, the best energy drink to have. Research suggests that dehydration can cause confusion, fatigue, and a feeling of sleepiness.
- Protein and healthy fats- When our body is fatigued, we crave sugary foods, which give a short-term boost of energy, while protein and healthy fats release energy slowly.
- Ginger and citrus fruits- This can actually increase the energy production in our body
- Chewing gum- It helps increase your alertness and reduces daytime sleepiness.
- Essential oils- Breathing in essential oils like lemon and peppermint can increase our energy and focus. Smell has a strong effect on our minds.
- Go for a walk- A simple stroll around the office can actually help you stay awake and more alert. It might also contribute to increasing your creativity.
- Power naps- Naps not only increase alertness but also improve cognitive thinking and creativity.
These healthy alternatives also add more benefits to your day. Try some of these and challenge yourself to go on a 30-day caffeine-free routine.