"No one learns as much about a subject as one who is forced to teach it" - Peter Drucker.
When you learn something new, you may feel tempted to keep it to yourself. However, surprisingly- the most effective way to learn something is to share it!
Here's what happens when you teach what you learn:
- While learning with the intention to teach, you tend to pay more attention & learn more deeply ( as you know you need to teach it!).
- Teaching encourages you to find examples and link concepts to real life.
- You get asked questions, which may reveal gaps in your understanding.
- Teaching helps re-visit & retrieve what you've learned.
- Teaching holds you accountable to apply what you learned (e.g., If you teach self-development, you're more likely to stick to healthy habits!)
- You build genuine relationships based on common interests.
- You're spreading knowledge and helping others.
So, create a study group, start a blog, make videos on it - try teaching whatever you truly want to master. As said by Albert Einstein, "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."