A common misconception across the world is that self-care is 'lazy' or 'unproductive'. However, if you keep trying to be 'productive' to the point of exhaustion and don't take care of yourself, you're neglecting your own needs! So here are some simple ways to put yourself first:
- Take time to declutter your mind. For example, meditate, work out or do yoga.
- Journal. Express your feelings, jot down whatever comes to mind. This exercise will give you immense relief.
- Talk to friends. This gives you a sense of belonging and boosts morale. Perhaps you could join a support group to make new friends.
- Take time to do what you enjoy. This could be dancing, watching Netflix, anything you like.
- Go on self-talk nature walks. Just enjoy nature and listen to your thoughts as you walk.
- Consider going to therapy. If you're really overwhelmed, there is no harm in seeking professional help!
Once you feel re-energized and destressed, now you're ready to get back to work :)