We're all trying our best to be honest. First, with ourselves and then the people around us. But do we know what honesty even is? The definition of honesty is 'the quality of being honest.' It also means telling the truth. But what exactly is the truth?
And how honest are you with yourself?
Reflect upon these questions to see where you stand:
- How do I feel about the people in my life?
- Do I communicate my true feelings to the people around me?
- Do my thoughts align with my behavior and words?
- Am I happy with the life and choices I've made?
- What are the negative aspects of my personality, and how do I work on them?
It takes courage and learning to be honest with yourself and others. It takes courage to stand up and say something as it is. Being honest takes the weight off your shoulders. Finally, you're able to live with yourself in peace. But to be honest with others, we need to learn to be honest with ourselves first.