All the knowledge in the world will be of no use if you don't have a learning spirit. "Knowing the name of something doesn't mean you truly understood it," says Prof. Richard Feynman.
Ask yourself these questions to know you are teachable:
- Are you open to other people's ideas/opinions?
- Do you talk more or listen more?
- Are you open to changing your opinions based on new information?
- Do you ask questions?
- Do you readily admit when you are wrong?
- Are you willing to do things in ways you haven't done before?
If your answer is 'No' to even one of the above questions, then you have room to learn new things and become more teachable.
"Learn continually because there's always "one more thing" to learn!" - Steve Jobs.