Vitamin D is produced by cholecalciferol and UV photon reaction as the sunlight touches our bodies. You can also consume vitamin D, but it is not naturally present in many foods.
Here is a list of foods that are rich in vitamin D under each category
- Veg/Vegan food items rich in vitamin D
- Fortified milk and yogurt.
- Fortified Milk (Soy, Almond, Oats...)
- Non-Veg food items rich in vitamin D
- Egg yolks
- Cod liver oil
- Diseases by vitamin D Deficiency
- Respiratory diseases like pneumonia, tuberculosis, etc.
- Heart diseases
- Cancers like breast, prostate, lung, and thyroid cancer.
Click here to get more recipes rich in vitamin D.